Monday, September 28, 2009

Oh Snap...wait have I used that one before?

Let me just get this out here to begin with, I have a love affair with vampire novels.  No I didn't read twilight and become addicted, no My knowledge doesn't come solely from "Interview with a vampire"  I read vampire novels from multiple genres, authors, and reading levels.  How did this begin?  Well for the first time I'm going to share a secret.

I stole a vampire novel in 9th grade...NO not from a store.  From my own house.  As I've explained we had a lot of people in my house while growing up, and our parents mentality was that with as many kids as they had: what were a couple more?  My brother had a friend who practically lived over at our house part time, and my brother lived with him part time as well.  School nights?  No problem.  The same goes for many of us at some point or another.  We all had people in and out of the house all the time, and God love my parents for letting us a have a "normal" life despite the size of our family.  Many parents in that situation wouldn't have let us have more people into the house for nights at a time, but they did.

So it wasn't unsual for us to trade clothes, makeup, shoes and many other things with people, however usually someone had an idea where the item came from.  Imagine my surprise when I found a copy of  Charlaine Harris' "Dead until dark" that no one could identify.  I have been an avid reader from the time I learned who to do so.  In fourth and fifth grade I got sent home with notes about reading during math and social studies.

When no one claimed the book I read it. So it began.  At the tender age of 14 I began reading anything and everything Vampire/ Lycantrhope/Fae  I could get my hands on.  I still have that first book, and I have gone on to read the entire series up to date.  The 9th book is set to release on October 6th and I have already preordered it.  I have also become a fan of the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton although I think she needs to bring that series bake to the basics.  I've read more than 100 vampire books and I am still hooked.

Why do vampires and other supes hold such a thrill for me?  I have no idea, although I know it to be true.

2 comments:

  1. I just requested that book (Dead Until Dark) from the library! I love all things vampire too! (Although that being said, Anne Rice bores me to tears and is a bit too dark for my taste.) Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne rice bores me to tears also. Those are the only vampire books my husband has read and I don't like them at all.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Comments, It feeds my soul...