Thursday, September 24, 2009

Remember when?

Remember when summer was far too short, the school year far too long, and anyone older than 28 was "old"?  This post and any other labeled the same will be based on my life while growing up.  I shoud begin with a bit of a back story.  I was raised with no fewer than 4 brothers and sisters.  I have 3 older sisters who I lived with for a time although the age differnces made it so that many of my stories do not involve them, and I am not as close with them as I would like to be.  In total I have 5 sisters and two brothers.  Many would seperate them into catagories, such as : half-sister, step-sisters, sister, and step brothers.  I however do not.  These are my brothers and sisters, because I was thrown together with them at such a young age that I cannot remember my life without them.

In order from oldest to youngest are: S who is married with one child and another on the way.  M who is married with 2 children and another on the way.  T who has one BS and is in school for culinary arts.  B who is married with one child and another on the way.  His wife E. (Who I also consider a sister) Me Chelsie married with no children.  J who is in school right now to become a lawyer (at the moment, it could change) N who is married and pregnant.  Finally there is Car who is a junior in high school and has been on the varsity girls basketball team since she was a freshman.

I am proud of each and everyone of my siblings, they are my connection to a past which is both wild and crazy as many large blended familes tend to be.  I grew up in a house where there was never a dull or quite moment.  This is my idea of a weekly or bi-weekly glimpse into the life of a middle child, who loved being a memeber of a large family. 

About the parents.  My Mom had me when she was 21 and I will call her mom on here.   My Dad was 21 also and I will call him dad.  My step-father came into my life before I turned 4 and he has been fantastic to me he is BU.  My step-mother is an amazing woman who married my dad and has always been there for me, she is A.

I'm sure this is alot to keep up with, but I figured it would be harder to come up with fake names for them all and try to keep trake of them that way.

Remember when, mom and BU piled the 5 youngest into the astro van in the middle of the night and we drove from NC all the way to Bar Harbor, Maine?  Where we spent 2 days in a motel with the biggest chess set I have ever seen. Where Mom, N, CAR, and I went to the Ross farm museum.  CAR was still a toddler and she stole a plastic beaver and some taffy while we were in the gift store. Remember How we got on a ferry to head to Nova Scotia?  How BU got so seasick that he spent the entire ride puking over the balcony and saying he was going to fly back if there wasn't a way to drive off the island?  When we finally got to nova scotia, and drove to the cabin we would be staying in, and the shower was the size of a postage stamp and the hot water heater only got the water lukewarm for 2 showers at a time.  Each room had a sink and we figured quickly that if you filled it all the way up and pulled the stopper out it made the funniest sound, like it was burping.  We stole the fireplace matches went outside, lit them and blew them out, pretending we were smoking.  There was a lake and while jumping rocks one day we fell in still wearing clothes.  We ate whale blubber and eggs for breakfast one day, and BU offered the waitresses a job at his resteraunt in NC if they wanted it.  We went driving around the island one day doing maybe 5 MPH and we had the door open and we were all sitting on the edge hanging our feet out.  B and J were pushing each other for room and I got pushed out of the car on the side of the road, and it was a mile down the road before anyone told BU that I wasn't in the car anymore...Those were the days.


I promise later ones will be a bit funnier, and I will tell about Aarons first dinner at our house, and the hilarity that insued. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Comments, It feeds my soul...