Monday, October 12, 2009

To a good man.

My uncle passed away yesterday from a massive heart attack.  I won't sugercoat things, he was only 55 but overweight.  He had struggled with his weight for years, but he was my uncle and one of the best men I know.  He was an elder at my home church in North Carolina, and while Aaron was in Korea he was especially kind to me.  It is so hard to believe that when I go home in March that he won't be there.  This will be the first year he won't be at the family Christmas party to recite the "Night Before Christmas" from memory.  He was always ready with a hug and a bible verse when you were hurting, and he went out of his way to help family out in any way he could.  We may have a large family with our share of drama, but we are always there for each other no matter what.  Uncle Phil You will be missed by all of us.  You hold a place in my heart and I hope you are having a fantastic time in heaven praising God.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle :( My prayers go out to your family during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Comments, It feeds my soul...