Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Another fantastic recipe!

Ok, I am not going to lie this stuff looks seriously gross while you are making it, and it looks pretty gross once it's finished (Aaron looked at me like I was nuts the first time I made it)  However,  it is seriously deliscious.  No Joke this is yummy and quick and super easy.  We call it Beef nacho Casserole and it is a very different recipe than when I first started making it.

1 pound lean beef (or Turkey if you'd like)
1 packet taco seasoning
Half a cup of water
1 can drained corn
Half a can of salsa (whichever kind you like)  I use Mild Pace
About half a cup of sour cream (although it is usually more)
Some tortilla chips
Shredded Extra sharp cheddar


Brown Beef in a skillet, add taco seasoning and water, mix in corn, salsa, and sour cream until well blended.  Pour half of mixture in a baking dish (see picture below) layer on crushed chips and cheese, pour remaining mixture, layer crushed chips and cheese.  Bake at 350' for 30 minutes.

I love this stuff because it is a little spicy and a little sweet because of the corn.  It is great for when you are tired and just want something quick.




3 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I'll have to try this on the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually make a similar recipe only I throw all the ingredients into my big skillet. Brown the ground beef and add the seasonings like you're making tacos, and when it's done, throw in the salsa, sour cream and corn, top with cheese. Sometimes I put in black beans. Then we put it on bowls and scoop with the chips (or ignore the chips when we're low carbing it). Another great variation to this is to make a pizza crust out of cornbread, bake that, and then spread this taco mixture on top of it, cheese on top. Yummy. Now I'm hungry. lol

    ReplyDelete

Leave Comments, It feeds my soul...