Tuesday, November 17, 2009

So....I hurt the car today...

The day before my birthday and I went to do something nice for the hubby.  (I was going to vacuum it out and clean the trash out)  I went to the place on base and emptied all of the trash out of it, and it was pretty windy so I was only opening one door at a time.  Then It was time to start vacuuming it out, so I get in the drivers side door to back up to be closer to the hose...and you guessed it left the door open.  It ended up being bent back pretty far, so now we have $2,100 worth of damage to the car... Great!  So I have to file a claim and pay a $500 deductible. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Chelsie! I'm so sorry! But trust me, you'll pull way more interesting and expensive bonehead moves than that by the time you're my age! This is only the Kindergarten of bonehead moves.

    Don't beat yourself up about it. No one was hurt. A car is just a thing. You're insured. And you're birthday is today, so you get all kinds of leeway with your husband. Milk it for all it's worth.

    Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Comments, It feeds my soul...