Wednesday, November 25, 2009

...Oh thanks Aaron, Appreciate it!

So as I mentioned I started work on thursday...I've had four 8 and a half hour shifts since then...Yeah it's been great to get out of the house, but since we are a one car family that means I make the twenty minute walk to and from work adding close to an hour onto my day.  Aarons work is closer to a 45 minute walk and putting me on a bike is seriously just asking for a broken ankle/knee/or whatever else.  I love working, honestly I do.  It gets me out of the house, gives us some extra cash, and in general helps keep me from being a bum.  All that considered, my husband is kind of a slob.  He isn't terrible of anything, I swear! 

I am just the one who has always taken care of laundry, cooking, cleaning.  Everything around the house has always been done by me, because I haven't had a job in two and a half years.  I have arthritis in my knees and hips, and have a bad back which means that I am in pain at the end of my shift.  After my walk home I am ready to fall into bed and pass out.  The house has fallen by the wayside and my husband keeps telling me just to write down what needs to be done each day and we will split is up...are you joking?  You don't even put your dishes in the sink, trash in the can and I can't remember the last time you took care of the cats liter without me begging you for 10 minutes.

Now, that's not saying my husband is gross or anything, and our bathrooms stay clean.  No junk on the counters, no hair in the sink, he really is pretty good.  I just don't understand someone who needs to be told how to "straighten up"  It's not rocket science.  If you use something put it back when your done.  If you put a tea packet in your water...walk the 5 steps to the trash can instead of leaving it on the counter.  Sometimes I wonder about that boy.  Today I only have a 6 hour shift so I guess when I get home I will put the rock on as loud as I can and do a top to bottom clean before starting my cooking for tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. LOL Well he sounds pretty typical by my estimation! Don't worry too much about the housework. When you have the time and energy, knock out what's most important first. When both spouses work, it tends to get that way, and is normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The male of the species is born handi-capped in oh so many ways. They need specific training and, if their mothers never taught them, you need to take the bull by the horns now.

    Make the list and let your husband help you or you will be incredibly sorry later on in your marriage when you have kids and you're still doing everything. Marriage is a partnership.
    Save yourself and let him help. Even if you have to go around behind him and tweak things (when he's not around, fragile egos and all), it's better than having to do it all yourself.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Comments, It feeds my soul...